OwlSmart PSLE Seminar - Top Strategies to Excel in PSLE
PSLE 2018 is just 3 months away. Is your child using the most effective and efficient revision strategies to ready him or herself for the big exam?
In OwlSmart’s PSLE Seminar, our team of PSLE subject specialists will share the critical success factors for your child to excel in each subject. Each speaker has well over 10 years of experience in preparing students of all capabilities for PSLE and have crafted and reviewed thousands of PSLE questions over the years.
Come join us and learn to guide your child in managing this critically important year in the best way possible. This seminar is completely FREE.
9:30am-11:30am: Tips to Excel in PSLE 2018
PSLE Science (9:30am-10:00am)
- How knowing topics weightage affects exam strategies
- Effective strategies for open-ended questions
- Tips to score better in open-ended explanation-type questions
PSLE Math (10:00am-10:30am)
- Important changes in PSLE Math 2018 exam format
- Common mistakes to avoid in PSLE Math
- Picking up contextual clues to narrow down strategies for problem-solving
PSLE English (10:30am-11:00am)
- Format of paper and weightage of examinable components for 2018
- SEP & 6 HATS Approach to Handling Stimulus-Based Conversation
- Deconstructing the Comprehension Cloze
- Classifying trending questions in Grammar MCQs
PSLE Chinese (11:00am-11:30am)
- Changes to weightage and assessment format in PSLE 2018
- Strategies to maximise your score for Chinese Paper 2
- Tips to answer MCQ based comprehension and dialogue section
11:30am-12:00pm: Maximising PSLE Revision with OwlSmart
- Features of guardian accounts.
- Revision tool overview
- Changing difficulty levels
- Navigating the guardian account
- Receiving and reading reports
- Peer comparison
- Best practices and action plan with your child
Dr. Mark Liew
Dr. Liew is the founder and CEO of Colossus Labs Pte Ltd. OwlSmart is his brainchild to provide top-notch and easy-to-use revision tools for all PSLE students and parents. A practicing family physician in Singapore and a father of two, he will be the panel moderator and emcee for the event.
Mdm. Wendy Lim Su Fern
Mdm. Lim has taught Chinese Language in Maha Bodhi School for over 15 years, having coached students from all levels to prepare them thoroughly for PSLE. Through her tenure in a SAP school, she is well versed in the primary school Higher Chinese syllabus and strongly believes in encouraging her pupils to be self-directed learners.
Mr. Nicholas Ee
Mr. Ee has crafted and delivered English lessons at different levels for over 13 years in Bukit Panjang, Pei Tong and Beacon Primary. He is extremely familiar with the PSLE English syllabus and more importantly, the learning outcomes and assessment objectives expected of students. Mr. Ee has presented at the Redesigning Pedagogy International Conference and shares his teaching techniques with fellow teachers passionately.
Mr. Ng Yeo Heng
Mr. Ng is a highly experienced PSLE Math and PSLE Science specialist, having taught for over 13 years in Pei Tong Primary, Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary and St. Joseph’s Institution Junior. Mr. Ng is adept at preparing students of different abilities to tackle PSLE and enjoys transforming everyday situations into relevant PSLE-level questions to keep students engaged.
Register for PSLE Seminar
Event SummaryDate: 7th July 2018 / 14th July 2018
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: 6 Harper Road, Leong Huat Building #02-01, Singapore 369674
(just above Tai Seng MRT)
* Please bring your tablet or laptop for guided hands-on experience.
Email [email protected] or call +65 82187301